It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My Mommy Wants to.....
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:47 am 
Bengal Kitten

Take the keyboard from my bengal baby and write myself.

Her name is Lydia and her story is remarkable to me. She was a rescue. I do not know why but she was left with a can of food in a dish. When she realized she was by herself she cried out. I found her. She was a little ball of fluff. I have been her mommy for seven years.

Nobody told me she was a bengal but as she grew and we got to know each other I noticed she was a bit wild. I wondered if she was feral except she seemed to say "wee" when she spoke, and she purred on my lap. Except she squirmed and ran and jumped and balanced on things. I eventually learned about bengals from the tv show cat from hell which often had what was called part bengals. I realized my little girl with the high back is a bengal.

I understand that bengals are well sought after and revered and can not fathom anyone abandoning one. I feel blessed to have my sweet girl who teaches me daily that she us going to have her way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 pm 
Senior Bengal

What a wonderful story ❤️

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I also acquired my Bengal mix through a rescue, not knowing anything about the breed or mixes, so I can relate to your story! People here are very helpful so don't hesitate to ask questions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum and thank you for rescuing your little girl. Who knows why she was abandoned. Some owners can't deal with the challenges even a bengal mix can bring to the table. They can be difficult to deal with -- and I have one of those, who is now, thankfully, going to take a nap.

Would love to see pictures of your baby.